Deloitte which one of the biggest name on their sector, has released their 2018 predictions report about technology, media and telecommunications.
Augmented reality, smartphones and digital media are the main topic of report. Summary of the report:
- In 2018 over one billion smartphone users will use augmented reality(AR) at least once. Before 2018 AR only used for face filter but from 2018 it will have different usage areas.
- On adults in developed countries based penetration of smartphones predicting as %85 in 2018 and %95 in 2023.
- Deloitte predicts on global adult smartphone users %45 of them will worry about using their phones too much, %45 of them will try to limit their phone usage in different ways and more than %3 of them will be addicted to their smartphones.
- Machine learning developing and in 2018 it will double the numbers of 2017, in 2020 it will double the numbers of 2018.
- Live broadcast & events will generate 545 billion USD in direct revenues.
- On digital media there will be 580 million subscriptions and 350 million subscribers. These numbers are expected to increase by 20% per year.
- In North America %80 of adults are using at least one ad-blocking method. On this point Deloitte predicts that there will be epidemic called “adlergic” against ads.
- 18-24 year olds’ TV watching habits are changing. Smartphones, computers and social media became more popular. Viewing on traditional TV will decline by between %5 and %15 per year in 2018 and 2019.
- Mobile-only usage numbers are expected to reach around %20 in 2018 and %30-%40 in 2022.
- By 2018 1 billion passenger journeys on planes will be on aircraft equipped with in-flight connectivity (IFC).
For full report click here.